I suggest you ...

Delivery Charges

We need the ability to add Delivery Charges, Keg Deposits, and Case Breakage fees that appear on our invoices. Currently I just create small wares button and categorize them under a CHARGE distributor, but there has to be a more sensible way to track our collective fees across the distributors.

13 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  AdminPaige at Partender (Admin, Partender) responded  · 

Hi,

Currently, you can add credit line items for products, which you could use for keg deposit returns.

We will continue to update these invoice fields for things such as delivery fees and other charges.

Thank you,
    Team Partender

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminAlek (Customer Success Manager, Partender) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding the deposit to the keg cost is an operational decision.

The downside of including the deposit in the keg cost is you are increasing your value on hand (thus increasing your Cost of Goods Sold and your beverage cost). Some customers (including myself when I was a customer years ago) prefer to not include the deposits in your keg cost, as they want their beverage cost to only be concerned with the cost of the liquid inside the keg. Deposits are more of an operational cost (such as fuel surcharges or delivery fees) and not really a part of your beverage program (according to the opinion of some).

The downside of excluding the deposits in your keg cost is your invoice totals in Partender won't match the totals on the carbon copy. You can circumnavigate this issue by including the carbon copy total IN the Partender invoice name (Ex: Invoice ID 123456 $600.00 from Ben E Keith).

So, it's up to you! Feel free to call or email us if you'd like further explanation or assistance.

-Alek

• Ray Marini commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Me too. When adding into inventory, do I include the keg deposits cost to the actual keg cost? Or just the beer and a separate line item for deposits, so that when the beer is gone, the keg deposit is still in inventory?

Feedback and Knowledge Base