I suggest you ...

Keg measurements

Are we really supposed to line up how full we think a keg is? This is AWESOME for bottles where we can see how full they are, but there's gotta be a better way to implement keg weights.

8 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Kriskrupa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Keg scale would give you the most accurate evaluation - however, when it comes to weight, not all beers are the same - so there would have to be a large amount of data input for the specific gravities of every beer - to get a precise measurement. However, Keg scale or condensation ring is pretty good for most applications.

• chris Doleski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After a keg is chilled and then pulled out to room temp, if you leave it out for a little while the condensation is where the beer level is. Think about when you have a cold glass of whatever with ice in it.. The cup doesn't have any condensation above the water line.. You can pull out the kegs at the beginning of your inventory and by the time your finished with liquore you should see the condensation ring around it

• AdminPaige at Partender (Admin, Partender) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for the great feedback! We have some exciting keg inventory solutions in the pipeline.

For now, most clients use a method similar to the paper/pen version of doing keg inventory - they guess how much beer is in a keg and then tap to where they think the level is in on the bottle.

While it's not the most accurate, it lets bar owners/managers track inventory flow get and get Wholesale and Retail Value totals for each type of beer.

Feedback and Knowledge Base